03 August 2008

Ouch!

I went for a bike ride with David last night. The trail we rode was on the same hill as the one we went on for our anniversary a couple months ago, but this one was a lot more narrow and had a lot of sharp turns. It was so much fun. Until I crashed.
I had been cruising along at a good pace when suddenly the trail curved sharply to the right. I put on the brakes, but all it did was make me fish-tail (I had all kinds of dirt on my wheels from the dusty trail, which rendered my brakes slightly ineffective), sending my bike up onto the hill on my left (better than sending it down the hill on my right). My front tire came to a sudden stop, but the back of my bike kept going (good ol' laws of motion). I got my foot down in time to stop myself from going completely over the handlebars, but just barely. My left thigh hit the handlebars and my bike seat hit me on the back of my left shoulder. Then I fell to a stop onto a juniper bush.
The damage wasn't much. My thigh has a big dark bruise on it from the handlebars and my arms and legs have all kinds of scratches on them, but mostly just my pride was injured. But I would totally do it again (the bike ride, hopefully without the crash).

1 comment:

Marissa said...

OUCH! Crashing in a bike is never fun... hope you aren't sore for TOO long!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers