18 August 2008

Wild Weekend

I've been busy, busy, busy! (I'm on break right now.)
Friday evening I flew from Pocatello to Boise to help my sister-in-law move. She got a new job in Philadelphia and didn't want to haul all her stuff across the country (it would have cost a lot, so she opted to just get new furniture and things when she got there). After an extra long layover* in Salt Lake (which isn't even on the way to Boise, but whatever...), my sister-in-law picked me up at the Boise airport and we went back to her apartment to finish some packing and clean her apartment. We didn't get a whole lot done because it was almost midnight and we were both super tired.
Saturday morning we drove to the rental truck place where my dad was waiting to help us; I didn't want to drive a 16-foot truck around Boise (it's such a big city! Well, compared to Pocatello, it is). It didn't take long to pack the truck and get the bathroom cleaned (I left the rest for her to do), then my dad and I drove home. With the help of our neighbors, we got the truck unloaded and I've spent the remainder of my time up to now unpacking the boxes figuring our where to put things and what to give to Goodwill.
My house is a huge mess (not that it's usually very tidy, but it's worse than usual now), so I'm looking forward to this evening when it'll be cool enough to really tackle all the stuff. For now I'm trying to do as much as I can in our basement where it's cool--mostly just folding laundry and boring stuff like that.
*About ten minutes before our plane was supposed to begin boarding, one of the airline personnel got on the PA and announced that the plane was to be delayed. It had flown in from Mexico and required extra cleaning and screening. Twenty minutes went by before someone announced that a passenger had flushed something large down the toilet, which was by this time sitting in the Jetway. Because it was the lavatory for the first class passengers, it had to be fixed (you know if it was in coach they would've told the passengers to "hold it" for the hour long flight to Boise). Our plane ended up taking off about 45 minutes late. Luckily, I had a good book.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers