21 May 2008

Three Years Already

Yesterday was David's and my anniversary. One of our friends told us we seem like we've been married a lot longer than three years; we're like one of those comfortable old married couples. I'm pretty sure it was meant as a compliment... The third anniversary is the leather anniversary. I didn't get David any presents that had any leather (we actually didn't get each other anything, because neither of us thought of anything we wanted), but I did lace up my leather-uppers cross-trainers and go for a bike ride (David's idea of a fun anniversary activity. It actually was really fun).
This is the trail we rode up; I'm standing about half-way up the trail, looking back toward our house (marked with the red arrow). The trail wasn't incredibly steep up to this point, but was pretty long. I was pretty tired already because we had ridden our bikes to the trail head, which was a steep uphill ride itself. Behind me, the rest of the trail got a bit steeper, so we decided to stop there and walk over to a different trail to ride back down.
Had we continued on the other trail, we would've ended up at the top of this hill, up by those telephone poles. It doesn't look as steep, in this picture, as it is in reality.
The trail we started on is on the other side of this hill. We had to walk down this hill to get to the start of the other trail. I felt bad going off the one trail to get to the other, but I don't think we left too much of an environmental impact*.
We came down this trail a couple days ago. (I had to walk half-way down then hop on my bike because it was just too steep for my tastes--and abilities.)
I'm not sure if this was a car kicking up dust on a dirt road, or if it was a little dust cyclone in the middle of the field. But it looked cool.
After our bike ride, we got cleaned up and went to David's favorite restraunt, Red Lobster. I had some delicious shrimp linguini alfredo. David actually branched out from his usual order of chicken strips and had some steak and shrimp. It turned out to be a great day!
*I went to Arches National Park one spring with my friend Jen. There were signs at the beginning of every trail head that basically said if we stepped off the trail at all, we would kill the microorganisms living in the dirt, and it would ruin the entire ecosystem. So every time I step of a trail (which really isn't often) anywhere, I have this surge of guilt the entire time.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Happy Anniversary!! 3 years sure does go by fast, huh? Adam and I are almost there...

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers