28 August 2008

21? Really?

My baby brother turned 21 today! Hard to believe. I remember arriving home from kindergarten on the bus the same day he came home from the hospital. There was a big sign in front of our house that proclaimed, "It's a boy!" My bus driver, an old man who liked to make what he considered to be funny jokes, asked me, "What's a boy?" I just rolled my eyes at him and said in my most exasperated voice, "My new baby brother is a boy!" Then I hopped off the bus and ran as fast as I could to go meet little Kevin.
Kevin has been such a blessing for our family. We've learned so much from him and the example he sets with all his challenges--he deals with Autism, seizures and diabetes, yet he's almost always happy and always concerned about the well-being of others.




This is the closest I have to a baby picture of Kevin. He was such a cute baby!





Kevin and me, sometime in the '90s, shooting Roz with a water gun as she took our picture.




Kevin, age 9 or 10.


I can't, for the life of me, remember when Kevin graduated; but it was a couple or a few years ago...



Kevin loves to run track with Special Olympics. He also enjoys bowling and basketball.

Kevin is a fantastic uncle; Drew and Owen are always talking about playing cars with Kevin. (That's Kevin holding Samantha the day she was born, and Kevin playing with Drew and the Exersaucer.)

Happy Birthday, Kevin! I love you!





3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I haven't seen Kevin in a long time, he looks just like your other brothers, now that he is grown up.

Kadee said...

Wow! 21! A lot of my memories with you involve Kevin. So, happy birthday!

Nurse Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Kevin!!! He's one of my favorite people, actually. I love his hugs and always present smile.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers