02 May 2008

Will Eat Veggies For Candy

I decided it was time to get Drew and Owen some new short sleeve shirts. The 18 months and 2T sizes just weren't cuttin' it now that they're closer to three years old than two. And with Drew's rather large head and thick hair, it was a daily battle getting his shirts on and off. So it hit up my favorite place to get kids' clothes: K-Mart. That's right. They have nice shirts, pants and shorts for $2.50 each. When a kid grows out of their clothes in six months or trashes the clothes before they grow out of them, I can't see spending much more than that. (Another place for cost efficient clothes is the Children's Place Outlet. I found shoes for the boys for $6.50 each pair!) Here are a couple of the outfits I got them:

Above left: Owen loves the "candy shirt." He walked around all afternoon going, "I want candy. I want candy." Above right: Drew loves trucks (even though if you offered him a ride in one he'd say, "No! I scared a truck") so he was pleased with the truck shirt.
Below: Today's "thrash our new clothes" weapon of choice: Vaseline. I was making pancakes and when I went upstairs to get the boys, Drew asked me, "Is it cute?" Owen asked me, "You like mine hair?" They were both slathered in Vaseline (Owen much more so than Drew, if you can see those lumps of it on his cheeks. I washed his hair three times--once with Vito shampoo--and it's still completely greasy).

4 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh, the adventures you have!!!

Anonymous said...

Ewww! Bodily fluids are probably worse, but Vaseline must comes in as a close second in the "what is hardest to clean up" contest.

Laura

Nurse Heidi said...

Love the new blog template! It's so cheery : ).

Have you managed to get the vaseline all out yet? Or are the boys still sporting that slick look that we all love...?

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I can't imagine! I once had to mop a whole basement of talcom powder my daughter had spread over the whole floor and the powder sunk into the dimples in the linoleum and it literally took me weeks to finally get it all cleaned up so that my floor looked as it should, but I'm guessing the whole vaseline thing would be a bit more frustrating/challenging to get cleaned up, especially with two squirmy boys!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers