30 May 2008

Top Four Reasons to Stay Up Late

I'm sitting here about ready to fall asleep, but I can't bring myself to go all the way upstairs to go to bed.
Reasons four and three are in the form of two naughty little boys. Drew and Owen have been in and out of their cribs a billion times, and I'm worried about what may happen to the house. I'm staying up 'til they go to sleep, in case I need to pick up another broken object (the first one was a little lamp they asked me to put in their room as a nightlight) or turn the oven off again. These boys did the same thing at nap time; up and down, up and down for two hours, until finally we let them out of their room. Fifteen minutes later, Drew was climbing onto my lap saying, "I'm sleepy." Add to all this getting up an hour earlier than usual to watch the garbage truck pick up the trash (they look forward to it all week. I don't think they wake themselves up, but the truck wakes them up). I'm surprised they weren't tired sooner.
Reason two for staying up is also a kid; this one in the shape of a little girl who took a long, late nap after a night, a day and another night of not sleeping well. I could probably let her play in her crib, but she's so content right now that I figure I'll just let her enjoy herself for a few more minutes.
The main reason for not going to bed is that I'm a little bit lazy, and there is a lot of non-lazy stuff to be done before I can settle down into full-on lazy slumber for the night. You know, brush teeth, get jammas on... okay, just those two things. But it seems like such a chore at this point.
The noise coming from the boys' room has stopped, so I suppose it's safe to wrap this up and head off to bed. 'Night!

2 comments:

Kadee said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that tired at the end of the day. I'm sorry you're kids are haivng a napping rebellion.

Laura said...

I think I cried when my girls gave up naps (although Eleanor still naps some days--if we wait to put her down until 2:00 pm). Nighttime is hard too. For awhile after Jimmy was born the girls would play destruct the house until 11:00 at night. I finally just pulled a Super Nanny on them and sat in their room putting them back in bed over and over and over. Man, the things we put up with as mommies! You can do it Heather! Be strong!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers