26 May 2008

Busy Weekend

I haven't had a whole lot to blog about lately. But I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog lately, either. We were gone pretty much all day Friday. We went down to Salt Lake City to rescue my sister Roz's dog, Bagoda, from her irresponsible roommates. It's about a three hour drive from here, which wasn't too bad; it goes by pretty quickly once we get to Utah where the good radio stations are. We made the mistake of leaving Salt Lake too early, though. We got there around 4 p.m., got some McDonald's (not my favorite, but I knew how to get to it and back to Roz's house without getting lost), hung out at Roz's house and fed Samantha (Drew and Owen kept asking, "Where's Roz?" I don't think they understood what "Alaska" means, but they knew it meant she wasn't home), then loaded up the dog and headed out a little before 5 p.m. At rush hour. On a Friday. Bad idea. The 17 mile drive from Roz's house to Lagoon took 45 minutes. After we passed Lagoon, traffic thinned out quite a bit and we made good time the rest of the way home.
Some eight month old little girls in our party didn't think we were making good enough time. Samantha screamed and cried for the last hour of our drive. I was going to pull over at the rest area and feed her, thinking it would be good to let the dog out for a drink and to use the tree, but the rest area was closed. I didn't really want to stop at a truck stop (just seemed weird), so I just kept drivin'. Drew thought maybe he'd help out by screaming at the top of his lungs, "Stop screaming, Sabanta!" Of course it just made things worse. But we finally made it home safe, if not sound (I don't really even know what that part of the phrase means: Safe and sound. I'm picturing "of sound mind" and I definitely wasn't after this trip).
We kept Roz's dog 'til Saturday. My dad came over in the afternoon to pick up Bagoda. I think Vito was pretty relieved to see Bagoda leave. Vito is pretty territorial these days. I think if Bagoda had been here for more than a day (like, for a few weeks) Vito might have gotten used to him, but as it was, Vito was pretty cranky for a day. Owen and Drew were not very happy to see Bagod a leave. Their sorrows were assuaged by the idea that Bagoda will be at Grandpa's farm and that they can go visit him, but they still ask, "Where's Bagogo?"
Right before my dad and step mom left with Bagoda, my mom little brother showed up. They're staying with us for the holiday, and will be heading home this evening. Drew and Owen were so excited when they pulled up. They especially love to see Kevin and they started jumping around on the furniture yelling, "It's Kevin! It's Kevin! Hi, Kevin!" That went on for about an hour.
It's been a pretty fun weekend; not doing a lot except hanging out with the family. But sometimes that's the most fun that can be had.

1 comment:

Nurse Heidi said...

What??? You came all the way down here and didn't stop in?? I would have fed you better than McD's!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers