05 May 2008

We'll Take Uneventful

We got new furniture in our living room, which is great except that it stinks (my guess is it's the Scotch Guard emitting that stench--hopefully it wears off soon). I had a small adventure putting the tables together (made me especially glad the couches were pre-assembled). I put the legs on the coffee table first. It took almost an hour. When I stood it up I thought, this has to be the tallest coffee table I've ever seen. It seriously came almost to my hips. It's almost as tall as Drew and Owen. I decided that it would half to go against a wall; I didn't want that monster taking up all kinds of space in the middle of my living room. So I parked it in front of our windows and went to work on an end table. I got the legs put on the end table (almost another hour) and stood it up. It started leaning like crazy toward one side. I thought, Aaak! I must not have tightened the bolts enough! So I flipped it back over and realized that two of the legs were about six inches shorter than the other two. Enlightenment: Ah Ha! Those must be the coffee table legs! Then, slight dread: Now I have to take all those legs back off and put the correct legs on the correct tables. Why, oh, why did they not just lable the boxes? So I took the short legs off the end table and put some long ones on. I still haven't corrected the coffee table or even started putting together the other end table. I guess I have my afternoon all planned out.
Other than that whole debacle, there's not much going on here. Owen's hair and scalp are slowly starting to absorb the rest of the Vaseline. I rubbed a bunch of baking soda in it and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I washed it out with dish soap. It seemed to make a big improvement, even though it didn't get it all out. Now Owen's hair just looks like it hasn't been washed for weeks--but it's actually been washed five or six times in the last three days.
Since I don't have a lot of my own excitement to share, I'll share someone else's: Pioneer Woman has a blog with different stuff on it--stories and things, but I love her cooking blog. And this particular recipe looks delicious. Go check it out!

4 comments:

Kadee said...

I hope you got the leg situation straightened out. That is really funny. I hope you took pictures.

abby's photo shoppe said...

Dawn dish soap. Isn't it a cure all anyway? Glad you got your furniture too! We'll have to come see it.
Abba

abby's photo shoppe said...

OH, and I love your templete! I want to update mine and the one you picked is one of my FAVORITES!
Abby

Laura said...

Love the new look! Congrats on the furniture. I hate the assemble it yourself stuff. It's so hard for me! I have to lay everything on the floor like the diagrams and it takes me forever . . .Oh, and I love the Pioneer Woman! She's a lot of fun.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers