09 May 2008

Around the House

I was going to mop my floor the other day, but I ended up changing a headlight in one of the cars and weeding the garden instead. Our flowerbeds look really cheery this year, thanks to Lura, who planted a ton of tulip bulbs last fall.
Don't they look great?

This is my first soon-to-be strawberry!


Here is our new furniture:

The coffee table before I put the correct legs on it.

The finished project; still a pretty tall table, but at least you can see over it.

This box contained two lamps. I figured it would be something I'd have to assemble myself, but I was still skeptical as to how they would put two lamps in one box.

This is how they did it: a lump of styrofoam surrounded by the lamp shades. Inside the styrofoam, two lamps! Clever, clever.
And here is one of the assembled lamps. I turned it on and it worked, and I didn't get electrocuted or burn the house down, so I must have put it together correctly! And it's really nice to have a place to sit in our living room again.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I love your new furniture! Very nice.

Lura said...

Thanks for posting photos of the tulips! I was thinking they should be in bloom now. So pretty! I like your furniture- it's looks great.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers