15 May 2008

Catching Up

I've been meaning to post for a while, but I keep getting interrupted. Like right now, for example, the little neighbor girl is over here and she wants to cook for me on the toy stove, so she comes up and asks me, "What would you like to have, Madam Customer?" I tell her I'd like a taco (we have some toy Mexican Restaurant food) and some chocolate milk. She looks around and says, "We don't have the ingredients. You might have to have soup." Then she brings it over and wants to watch me "eat" it in front of her. That was just my snack, so she's making me something else. So we'll see how far we get with this post.
Mother's Day was fun. We had a dinner at our house and invited the in laws and David's grandma and uncle. It ended up pretty good, except my roast came out of the crock pot really tough and kinda dry; I must've left it in too long. Here, I thought crock pots were fool proof. I got some nice gifts. A book from David and the kids, a necklace and some earrings from the in laws (well, sort of--my father in law didn't see me unwrap it, so he had to ask me, "What did we get you?" leading me to believe he had no part in choosing the gift. But oh, well...) I got two yarn-and-macaroni-noodle necklaces from the boys. Drew gave his to me with this warning: "We don't eat the noodles." They also handed out the traditional flowers at church, so I have something beautiful to add to my yard (if I ever get around to it). The best part is that Mother's Day has been on-going: Drew and Owen will, at random intervals throughout the day, say, "Happy Muvvers Day, Momma!" (that's Drew) and "Happy Muttah's Day, Mom!" (that's Owen). I will say, "Thank you." They'll say, "Your welcome" and then say, "Happy Muvver's Day, Dad!" "Happy Muttah's Day, Vito!" And then they laugh and ask, "Is that funny?" Yes. Yes it is.
Yesterday was a full day. We mowed the lawn (front and back! Usually we just do the front since that's what the Homeowners Association sees), raked up all the clippings, scooped up all the Vito-messes from the back yard, pumped up the bike tires (this is really a feat, because for our purposes, we just can't figure out the usefulness of the Presta valve as opposed to the Schrader valve, other than to give us a headache when trying to fill our tires with air, though if you check out the links it kind of explains why the Presta valve is "better"), took the boys for a spin in the "fun bike" (this means the little bike trailer that goes behind the bike), and we went for a walk on the high school track (the boys love this because they can just run free, which usually involves running to the pole vault mat and jumping and flopping around on it). Oh, I also started and finished the book I got, which arrived in the mail yesterday morning. That, of course, meant ignoring Drew and Owen while they jumped in their cribs and didn't nap for a couple hours. But I've always been very honest with them about the fact that whether they are tired or not, nap time is mandatory. For me.
Well, I'd better wrap this up; I've got a tasty-looking plastic quesadilla that's just been cooked for me and it's getting cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We don't eat the noodles" - heheh! I used to eat the noodles :) Love yer guts! I'll call you soon.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers