03 October 2008

...uh...

I've been sort of hiding out lately. I haven't done a whole lot of blog-checking and very little blog-writing. It's a very strange feeling (almost withdrawal-ish). I've been sort of keeping myself busy doing other things, trying not to go crazy (too late for that, I think).
David has been in Salt Lake for the last week, and will be there for one more week. We miss him. With his previous schedule I got used to him being gone for a couple days at a time then home for a couple days. But this two-whole-weeks thing is really getting old. We're going down to see him tomorrow, just for the weekend. He is there for Engineer training (think potbellied, pinstripe overall wearing train driving; not stick-skinny, Coke bottle glasses wearing computer hacking. How are those for stereotypes?). He had a week of rules classes here in Pocatello, and is in Salt Lake for the simulator training. He says it's pretty fun, and he's picked up on it quickly (like he does with everything).
I've been wanting to write a bit about my stepmom for a while now but I've been a little hesitant; partly because she reads my blog from time to time Hi, LuAnn!, and partly because I don't want to sound like I'm soliciting pity or anything. I guess I am soliciting hope and prayers and good vibes of moral support, especially for her. Last week we found out that LuAnn has cancer in her uterus (well, I found out. Her doctors had suspected it for somewhat longer than that, and were running all sorts of tests to be sure). This past Wednesday she went to the doc and had her uterus, her ovaries and her lymph nodes removed. The surgery went well and the doctors felt like they got all the tumors out (they definitely took everything they could see). In a few weeks she'll start radiation treatments just to make sure any cancerous cells that may be lurking around are taken care of. Next Sunday I plan on going to go help out for a few days while she's still recovering from her surgery. Here's hoping that I'll actually be able to help, and not make things too crazy by taking my three monsters over there with me!
This is all for now; I need to get ready for our trip south. This feels like a choppy, disconnected piece of writing, but that's sort of how my brain has been functioning lately. I couldn't think of a title for the post and I have no way to wrap it up cleanly while summarizing everything and making it all "flow," so... G'night!

2 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

Oh dear! I am sorry to hear about your step mom. We will keep her in our prayers. I hope she gets better soon and that you get feeling better mentally. I have been suffering from bloggers-block for some time now so I think I understand about that. Have a good trip and tell your husband hello from us.
Abby

Marissa said...

You were in Salt Lake over conference weekend??? Wish I could have seen you!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers