21 October 2008

Imagine My Surprise

I've been thinking a lot about the upcoming election, the candidates, their views, my views, how those views mesh (some, not so well). I had come to the conclusion a while back that I am neither a Republican or a Democrat; I'm not extremely conservative or extremely liberal. I'm certainly not a fence sitter; I actually don't think there should even be a fence--most of the issues that extremists get in a tizzy about are not so cut and dry. There are a lot of exceptions and special cases to be considered.
My aforementioned conclusion came while I was loading the dishwasher one evening after the kids had gone to bed. I was contemplating the complexities of politics (my understanding of politics, that is. It's very very basic, so to someone else my thoughts might not be considered complex at all) and thinking about my stances on some of the issues that are often brought up during election time. I decided I fit some combination of both political parties; I'm a Demican. That sounded weird, so I shuffled the words up a little and came up with Republicrat.
A few days later I was looking through the MSN headlines and I saw an advertisement for a new political party called the Republicrats! They totally stole my word! I was so bugged that every time I saw the ad I vowed I'd never visit that site.
I broke my vow tonight; intrigue bested my resolve. Now I feel silly for my tiny little boycott of the website. I should have gone to it before! It's pretty humorous and I like the guy's suggestions for how to resolve some of our country's current issues. Check 'em out if you like.
But don't you hate it when you think you're being all clever and you realize someone else had the same idea and marketed it before you? Grr.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers