12 October 2008

It's Either Laugh or Cry

The current state of the world bothers me. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that I really liked: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
I don't like to get outraged, though; it gives me a belly ache. So sometimes I don't pay attention on purpose. And sometimes I take things with a slice of humor and a grain of salt (I watch a lot of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report to get my "news;" the only other news I watch is the three minute segment that gets DVR'd after Jeopardy!-- This way I get about half of whatever the top story is in Pocatello).
I've been trying to pay attention to the political candidates, and have all the Presidential Debates recorded to watch later (the thing about later is, it's like tomorrow. There's always going to be a tomorrow, and there will always be a later). I was in a time pinch so I watched this Saturday Night Live version of the most recent dabate instead of the real thing. From what I've heard it was just as informative in a fraction of the time.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers