13 July 2008

This Time Last Week

We were at a Mariners game in Seattle. It was the first MLB game I've ever been to. I've been to quite a few Minor League games and a ton of Pioneer League games, but this was my first Major League game. It was a lot of fun.
Drew and Owen were pretty excited to be there. The whole way to Seattle, they would remind us, "We going to Seattle. We going to watch baseball." When we got to the game, Drew said, "This is so cool, guys" as though he were 12 and not 2. Then after a few minutes he asked, "Where's Attle?" Throughout the whole trip he never figured out that we went to Seattle, not that we went to see Attle.
The boys' excitement about baseball wore off after the second inning. Unfortunately for them it was a 15 inning game. The final score was Detroit 2; Seattle 1. Not incredibly exciting. David and I were happy though; we got six extra innings for our money. And I learned that in such cases, there is something called the 14th Inning Stretch. Who knew? The boys remained good sports (well, as good as 2 year old boys can be) for most of the game, though, and even took part in some of the cheering. They yelled things like, "Charge! State Bengals! Hidaho!" I guess all teams are Idaho State, no matter what sport it is or where it is...
We forgot to take our camera. Not just to the game, but to Seattle in general. Didn't have it the entire trip. Instead, we purchased a couple of single use cameras at outrageous prices. I should get the film back tomorrow or Tuesday, then I'll have the task of scanning all of the pictures and saving them on the computer. I'm a little nervous to see how the pictures turned out, too. It's a surprise that one just doesn't get with a digital camera--something I don't really miss about the old 35mm's. So old school.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers