20 July 2008

Layin' Low

Not a whole lot going on around here these days. Which is probably the way I prefer it. We've had a few great evenings in the last week; about the the time the incredibly hot afternoons fade into warm evenings and the sun drops behind Calvary Chapel to provide shade to our back yard, we find ourselves wandering out doors to kick back and relax. Or in the case of Drew and Owen, run amok and have as much fun as possible before Mom says that worst-of-all-cuss-words: bedtime. These sort of evenings find me wishing I had a better camera or a better photo editing software, or all of the above. But I do pretty well with what I have, I suppose.
A couple nights ago, I got these cute shots of the kiddies playing in the back yard. The lighting was amazing, but my camera could only capture it without a flash, and my hands aren't steady enough to hold the camera still for that, so some of the pictures came out blurry.

i wanted to get some natural shots of drew; this is the only one i got where
he wasn't completely cheesin' it up for the camera.

owen makes the cutest faces; i was so pleased to finally capture one (or two) on camera.


samantha is my little 'pumpkin lumpkin' as the boys are fond of saying these days.

even with all the shedding, vito's a pretty good-looking dog.



Last night we got the sprinkler out and let the boys play in the water. It took them about 15 minutes to get comfortable with the idea of actually running through it, so mostly they just ran around it yelling, "I ran through the 'sprinker'!" It was lots of fun. I have some video of it, that I'll post when I get around to uploading it; I don't really feel like going to get my camera right now...

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Love those nice summer evenings... all three of your kiddos are getting cuter and cuter. What a sweet family you have!

Anonymous said...

Yo Heather,

Nice reading about your Seattle trip. I love Seattle, especially the ballpark. Oddly enough, Nicole and I attended a Seattle vs Detroit game on that exact same date 2 years ago. Wonder if we sat in the same seats....It was my first trip to Seattle, and Nicole's first MLB game.

What else is new? How's Toca-pella? There's a chance I'll be in Idaho Falls before the season is over. I'll have to look you up if I am.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers