24 July 2008

Oatmilk and Strawbabies

I thought I'd better record a few of the choice phrases my boys have come up with in recent days, just so I don't forget them. Some of this could be blackmail fodder later on!
The following conversation, for example, might be really interesting to a future prom date:
Drew: [passes gas.] 'Scuse me!
Owen: 'Scooze me!
Drew: Don't say 'scuse me, Owen! Owen not fart, Mom! I fart!
It's important to give credit where credit is due, I suppose.

I love how Drew and Owen pronounce (or mispronounce) things, too. The title of the post is actually one of their favorite meals, oatmeal with strawberries. Yesterday for breakfast we had what Owen called scrabble eggs, and what Drew called scrammy eggs. And for dinner we didn't have tator tot casserole, we had taker tot cassiole.

Drew and Owen have been quoting their favorite cartoon, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, a lot lately, saying words that they probably only partly understand like, "pandemonium" (or panda-mo-mium as Owen says), "no problemo" (Drew says no plolelo, Owen says no pwabwemo). They also reenact scenes from the show telling me things like, "The train pooped out. I have to fix the tiggle-toggle" (the characters in the show actually say things like that).

The boys are starting to get into role playing with their cars and the little guys that go in them. If they can't find one of the guys, though, no pwabwemo. Drew is really good at acting with finger puppets. His skit may go something like this:

[walks his finger puppet over to the car] You wanna go for ride in the Corvette, Grandpa? Okay. Buckle up. Zip click! Let's go back. You wanna ride, Drew? Get out, Grandpa! Right now! [yanks imaginary grandpa out of car, flings him away, walks finger puppet Drew to the car] Have fun, Drew! Zip click! We goin' fast! Oh, no! Crash! The Corvette's broked! We gotta fix it!

Owen's most recent skit went like this:[crashes two red trucks together] No crashing! You don't crash trucks! Go to your room! One two three! [crashes trucks together again]

Makes me wonder what I must sound like to them when I tell them to stop doing something and threaten to send them to their room.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I can't wait for Joselyn to get to that age... oh the cute funny things they sa!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers