17 July 2008

Photos By Drew

Drew is getting to be quite the shutterbug. I used to get really uptight when he grabbed my camera (and I still do when Owen grabs it) but I've relaxed because he no longer just turns it on and off, on and off, and sticks his fingers all over the lens (like Owen still does), he actually takes pictures of things (though, he often holds it with his fingers in front of the lens so many of the pictures don't turn out). Below are a few of the more artsy ones he's taken in the last few months:




Parts of Vito

Drew's getting good at portrait shots, but people don't always say 'cheese' when he tells them to (Owen...).

Self portraits seem to be a common theme with him. Even if it's not necessarily his face in the picture, he likes to be the subject of the shot.

He takes a lot of still-life shots, and has an eye for composition; he always seems to get an interesting angle.

He keeps his shots focused on reality--when I take pictures I try to zoom in enough so the mess can't be seen. But that's not Drew's style at all. "Let it all hang out" must be his motto.


This is one of my favorites. This is our little neighbor, Allison. I just like how Drew captured the reflection and the actual girl in the same shot.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing! Go, Drew!

Laura said...

Drew is quite talented :) Good for him and good for you. You know, they do make digital cameras for little people.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers