27 July 2008

There Are Probably Worse Things

...but being sick in the summertime is horrible! We've all had nasty colds the last couple days. Drew and Owen seem to be doing pretty well today, but Samantha is still pretty congested, and I feel like a cement truck is trying to ram itself through the bridge of my nose from the inside out. It's wearing me out.
Here is some better news: my favorite Fighting Irishman (it doesn't feel right to use the phrase Fighting Irish for just one person) had a great game against the Florida Marlins today. Jeff Samardzija (go here to see his official site--much flashier than the Cubs' site) saved the game in his second appearance in the Majors. I gotta say I'm not a huge Cubs fan (nothing against them, though. I mean, they're okay); I root for the Phillies. And I have never actually seen Samarzija play baseball. But he was my favorite Notre Dame football player (well, he tied as favorite with Brady Quinn--I actually wanted to name Samantha Quinn instead, but David said it's not a girls' name.), and even though I hoped he'd play in the NFL (he definitely could've made it), I'm glad to see him doing well in Major League Baseball. Dude's got a 99 mph fast ball!
Well that's about all the excitement we have going on around here.
NFL preseason starts in one week!

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers