10 December 2006

MMM...Candy!

I love candy.
I guess that could be the entirety of my blog post for today, and it would perfectly sum up everything I wish to say with this writing. But, of course, I'm going to keep on typing. I love candy!
I went to a cooking training class thing with my friend and some gals from her church. I've been there twice; it's a monthly thing--last month we made various rice dishes: rice pilaf, Spanish rice, et cetera. This month, we made holiday candies: peanut brittle, toffee (I made this one 'cause I thought it'd be difficult and I wanted to get better at making it. It turns out, it's really simple and very delicious), cherry chocolates (way better than the kind available for purchase in stores), Snicker's candy (also better than the store kind), and Oreo Bon-Bons--just to name a few.
Rice is good, candy is better. Rice paper candy is pretty good; it's actually ginger flavored candy wrapped in rice paper (edible paper!) and can be purchased in the Asian Foods section of almost every grocery store.
There are, however, some holiday treats that aren't so good. Take, for example fruit cake. "Fruit, good; cake, great; fruit cake, nasty crap" --Jim Gaffigan. And that's actually the only holiday treat, of which I can think, for which I do not particularly care (how was that for grammatically correct?).
Well I'm just rambling now 'cause it's late and I'm tired and I'm avoiding doing dishes and I can put this run-on sentence in here because I already got good-grammar points with the previous sentence. And now I'm signing off. For now... I do have a few things to say about the new James Bond movie. Stay tuned. Same Bat Blog, Same Bat Channel.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers