19 December 2006

Ham Biscuit McCanfield

I made breakfast today. I know, I've totally outdone myself this time. I just don't make breakfast very often because our kitchen is usually a mess from dinner the night before; that whole clean-as-you-go thing is apparently too difficult a concept for me to grasp, and I always think, "I'll clean up after the boys go to bed." But by then all I want to do is veg in front of the TV with some unhealthy snacks and watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. It is important to keep up on current events; that's my rationale and I'm sticking to it. So I wake up in the morning (or sometimes around noon, depending on what time I watch the "News") and give the boys some banana slices and some cold cereal and I clean while they eat.
Today was different, though, because I actually did my cleaning after dinner last night while the boys played. And even though I stayed up late to watch White Chicks (that movie never gets old to me; I've seen it dozens of times and it still cracks me up), I still got up early (9:30) and decided to treat the boys and David to a hot meal. We had ham-egg-cheese sandwiches on flaky biscuits. Delicious! I should stay on top of things more often.

In an unrelated note, we finally got a good family photo taken. Here it is, along with one that's not so great but that I find hilarious in that it captures the boys' personalities quite well (Drew has a fit, Owen is stoic and pensive):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your family pic! You all look great and I thoroughly enjoy the descriptions! Hope all is well and expect your Christmas gift to arrive soon!
Abba

Anonymous said...

On an unrelated note? I see some "cheesy" grins, and Drew could be said to be "hamming" it up!

Anonymous said...

.... and how about "flaky"? I'll resist a comment on that one. :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers