01 October 2007

Mommy's Helpers

I've been trying to give the boys little responsibilities such as putting their clothes in the hamper, picking up general clutter in their room, putting their dishes in the sink, putting toys in the toy box, et cetera. They've been doing really well, so far. I don't let them put books away, though, because I like them to be put on the bookshelf a certain way and so far I'm the only one in the house who does it "right" (I guess I have slight OCD issues when it comes to books).
Today I let Owen help me put clothes in the dryer. He acted like I was doing him a favor. Every time I handed him a bunch of clothes to put in, he said, "Thanks. Thank you." It cracked me up. Now if only they could help fold the clothes without the living room ending up looking like a tornado hit...
I took Samantha to her two-week checkup. I didn't take Drew or Owen with me. I took them with me last week to the growth checkup, and they were hell on wheels. Drew kept opening the door to our room and slamming it shut, then he opened it and ran up and down the halls. The good thing was, the pediatricians are used to kids and didn't seem to mind. But they looked a little relieved when I showed up with only one kid today.
Samantha is chunkin' up quite nicely. She put on 8.5 ounces in the last week. Her doctor is really nice. He always gives much needed words of encouragement, such as calling me an "experienced Mom." It's nice to hear, because even though this is kid #3 for me, I feel like two years is a long time and I've forgotten what to do with a baby. Also, I'm not sure how to handle just one. But I guess so far, it's going well. We have a healthy, chunky baby and two healthy, (very) chunky toddlers, and nobody's maimed anybody yet...

3 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Gosh, a half a pound in a week is nothing to sneeze at! Way to go mooma ;). I think you should get a gold star for the week.

Anonymous said...

I like your last statement - the one about no one maiming anyone yet.. That's good news!

Emily said...

I agree! Anyway I think you're totally experienced. Wow. I can't even imagine! Anyway they are all so cute and I hope I can see them sometime.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers