08 October 2007

I Owe David Steak

I guess my blog has really taken a back burner; I'm way behind on writing, and haven't made it over to friends' blogs, either. It kind of bums me out, because blogging is one of my unwind activities to keep me from getting too wrapped up in things (I just have to make sure I don't get too wrapped up in blogging...).
Things have been going pretty well. I've been busy, but it's a good thing. Rather than try to recap everything that's happened the last week or so, I'll just start fresh with tonight...
I'm not a gamblin' kind of gal, but David does like to gamble--he likes Craps and Blackjack, and likes to bet on sports sometimes. Tonight, watching Monday Night Football, I decided to act like I knew what was going on and assert my confidence that the Buffalo Bills would beat the thus far undefeated Dallas Cowboys. David said "I'd bet money that the Cowboys win by a landslide. Would you like to make a wager?" Normally, in this situation, I retreat and just watch the game quietly. But I felt feisty today, so I said, "Sure. What will the stakes be? How 'bout steaks?" So it was decided that if the Bills won, David would take me to Texas Roadhouse tomorrow (I was supposed to go for my birthday dinner, but we still haven't made it over yet, cause it's always packed there). If the Cowboys won, I would make David a steak dinner. He pointed out the fact that he's paying either way since I don't have a job, so I told him I wouldn't make myself any steak, I'd just watch him eat his.
The game was very close, and very exciting. And with two seconds remaining, the Cowboys won by a point. So I'll be cooking steak and blogging will, once again, be put on the back burner.

3 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Dang! Bummer for you. Maybe you can sneak cook one for you and just eat it when he's not looking ;).

Anonymous said...

Hi Heathie,

How is it that women always somehow are on the losing end of it all? I'm with nurse Heidi...I would sneak one.

Anonymous said...

How about he owes you a wage for taking care of the kids all day so basically.... you get half his wage. And you can use your paycheck to buy your own steak. With Heinz 57 sauce... mmmmmm. I'm hungry now! So get one for me too!
Abba

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers