15 October 2007

Pickle, Pickle Star

I had a mental list of Funny Things the Boys Have Said running through my mind all day, and now I can't remember them! I'll just write the ones I do remember and maybe more will come as I type (most of them are Drew sayings, because he talks about 3 times as much as Owen)...
*On our way to the store tonight, Drew yelled, "I see 'em moon sky!" He's getting very good at putting words into sentences.
*Yesterday, Drew told David, "I watch football, too!" He ends a lot of sentences with the word "too." I've been trying to get him to exchange it for the word "please," which is almost always applicable. He also ends a lot of sentences with exclamation marks. He's a loud kid.
*Drew wanted to sing "Pickle, Pickle Star" before bed today. In real songs, that's "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
*Owen is more active than verbal. Last week, his cousin Westley taught him how to do a somersault. Today, I taught him how to jump off of a step with both feet, and how to do jumping jacks. His jumping jacks are really cute; I'll try to get a video to post.
Here are some words that the boys always mispronounce:
Fwap= Straw
Soosing= Sleeping
Manus (or Mayonnaise)= What Drew calls Marcus (his cousin)
Sassay= What Owen calls Westley
Fessie= What Drew calls Westley
Tac= Cat (they don't say this often; usually when they see a cat, they call it Kee Kee Kee, like they would if they were trying to get it to come to them. Or they just call it Merle, 'cause that's what we call our cat)
This is all I can think of for now. I'll have to jot stuff down on paper so I don't forget it before I can actually record it. When Drew and Owen are older, I want them to know how clever they were as kids!

1 comment:

Nurse Heidi said...

I love these! I always meant to write down the cute things Ethan and Rachel said...I've got maybe a total of 10 phrases recorded between the two of them. Katie will be the most well documented child of mine thanks to my blog.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers