01 November 2006

Happy November

Another Halloween has come and gone. I remember now why I don't really like Halloween. Trick-or-Treaters make me feel insincere; I always feel like I have to comment on their costume, even if I don't think it's very good. And it bugs me that kids get mad if you don't give them "good candy" as if there is such a thing as "bad candy." Hey. If you're going door to door begging for candy, you take what you get and you say thanks.
My friend Jack put it this way: Halloween is extortion. Little kids are guilty of extortion! They say "Trick-or-Treat!" but what they really mean is "Give me some candy or I'll egg your house! This looks like a rough neighborhood and you need some insurance. I think a Snickers bar ought to do it."
But I guess everything went well; we dressed up, handed out candy, ate much of said candy, and our house didn't get egged.
And because I know everyone wants to see pictures, here they are:
[blast that technology that I love. The "system" is currently "down". I'll post some pics later. Click the link, and wait a few seconds.]

1 comment:

Ace said...

As one of the best trick-or-treaters EVER, I must defend little kids (bet that's something you never thought I'd say). They work damn hard (or semi-hard) to get dressed up and then they have to walk around in COLD weather just to earn some candy. It's like a modern-day Oliver Twist story, really. So they earn their candy.

See how I can justify scamming people for sweets? I was a precocious child.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers