26 November 2006

You Get it Meat-o!

My younger brother, Kevin*, is staying the night at our place tonight. He's on his way home, and our house is halfway between where he was and where he's going, so it's quite logical that he stay here. It's lots of fun, too. Kevin really looks up to David; he's like another big brother, and Kevin is the little brother David never had.
Kevin joined David in his daily exercise routine today. I think the goal is for David to be able to dunk a basketball (he's only 5'10" but I guess he was pretty close to being able to dunk at some point...). So they did jumping jacks and other kinds of exercises to help David get his vertical leap back. Then, they played fetch with Vito. This was the most entertaining part of the evening for me. Vito tires of playing fetch rather quickly, but he likes to get his energy out by running up and down stairs. He goes from the top floor all the way down to the basement and back to the top again (it's a 3 level house).
So Vito's running around the house, and Merle (the cat) thinks this is great, 'cause now he can chase Vito. And Kevin just wants to play fetch still, so he's throwing the ball and yelling to Vito, but getting mixed up and a little hyper, and he yells, "You get it, Meato!" Drew and I were just watching and laughing.
And as boring as that story was for everyone else, it was the most exciting part of my weekend.
We did get to go to relatives' in King Hill, and that was fun; David's family is very friendly and nice, which is good. I always feel bad for people who don't get along with the in-laws. As if marriage isn't hard enough already. I especially like that the relatives ooh and ahh over Drew and Owen (They were entertained with Drew because when he eats he makes this noise: MmmmmmMMmmmmmMMmmmMMMmmmm the entire time he has food in his mouth. Then he yells and screams until you give him more, then he goes back to MmmmMMMmmmmmMmm). So we gorged ourselves on turkey, potatoes and pie. And of course, that's always fun, so I guess it was a pretty good weekend.

*I guess the story is a little more interesting if you know Kevin. He's 19, and autistic, so mentally he's maybe 3 or 4 years old. He's not very high functioning; he can dress himself, but often gets his clothes on backward and his shoes on the wrong feet. Almost everyone who meets Kevin loves him to pieces; he's funny and kind--just an all-around cool kid.

1 comment:

abby's photo shoppe said...

Oh Heather! The Meato story is awesome. I laughed and laughed only because I can see myself doing the same thing and yelling out "You get it, Meato!" I loved it. You have a "choice" sense of humor. Me likes. Abba

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers