17 November 2006

Soap Box of the Week

I'm not sure to whom I should direct the wrath of my post today: stores or customers. As I ponder it, customers win. Or lose, depending on how you look at it... I realize there are a shortage of cart returns in some store parking lots and some of them are tricky to get to with all the other cars around, but how lazy are people that they can't walk a dozen yards and put their carts away? I'm not the kind of person to circle a parking lot looking for the closest spot. Any spot will do. But whether it's close to the store or not, nothing irks me more than finally finding an open spot, going to pull into it, and discovering that there is a shopping cart in the middle of said spot. The person who couldn't make the effort to put it away deserves to spend a night in jail. I also get ticked when I come out of the store and some idiot put their cart right next to my car instead of walking all the way over to the cart corral. Oh. And those people that pull slowly into the stall with the offending cart and gently bump it into surrounding cars, jail time for them, too. So the point of all this is, put your carts in the provided cart corrals! It doesn't take that much time, and you* could probably use the exercise anyway.

And now for Topic Number Two: If you see a sign like the following it means that 35 miles per hour is not an appropriate speed. If you are about to merge onto a road labeled with such a sign, speed up! You generally need to be going at least 55 miles per hour, sometimes up to 75. There are little lengths of road called "On-Ramps" the purpose of which is to allow people time to gain speed to travel on such a road as I-15. So push your gas pedal to the floor and get with it! If you don't feel comfortable going that fast, let someone drive who does.


*I'm using the indefinite form of the word "you" so don't anyone go feel all bad or singled out. Everyone needs exercise, no matter who they are or what they look like.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers