03 November 2006

Dhis and Dhah

...I pretend "dhis" means "What's this?" and "dhah" means "What's that?" when in reality, I could be way off. But it's a fun game Drew is learning how to play. He points at a picture or something (with all five fingers or sometimes just his thumb and index; he's not coordinated enough to use just the index finger) and he yells "dhis!" so I tell him, "That's a picture of Drew" (or whatever the picture is really of, get it?). There he is, on the left, "pointing" and yelling, "Dhah!"
I've also discovered that if Drew is throwing a tantrum, I can sometimes distract him by pointing at something and asking, "Drew, what's that?" Then he'll point and say, "Dhah!" But more recently, Drew has been turning the tables and using the game to distract me. For example, I'll say, "Drew, come over here so we can put your jacket on." Drew will respond by pointing furiously and yelling, "Dhis! Dhah!" and not coming to get his jacket. Clever, clever boy.
On an unrelated note, but while we're speaking of being clever: If you were a dog, and someone told you to get into one of these two cars, which one would you try to jump into? That's what I'd think. The red one. But yesterday when Dave called, "Vito! Hop up!" Vito ran straight past Dave and the open tailgate and lept with great fervor onto the closed trunk of the Toyota. He then proceeded to scramble and scratch my paint, trying to figure out why he didn't fit. In Vito's defense, though, we usually park the Toyota on the left and the Honda on the right, so he probably knew from memory how many leaps and bounds he had to make from the yard to the back of the Honda. It just wasn't there. And even though the value of my little green car, the first car I ever owned, has been drastically reduced, I keep giggling at the thought of big ol' Vito flying through the air and landing on that trunk and looking very confused.

1 comment:

abby's photo shoppe said...

I love your use of the word "fervor" here. I've been giggling all day! Can't wait for the next post and when I say "can't" I mean that I check, re-check, and check again for your next post about 27 times a day and that is not an exaggeration.

Does this count as stalking?
Hope not!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers