01 December 2009

Who Woulda Thought?

I have memories in my brain of slumping down in a kitchen chair, being anywhere from nine to fourteen years of age, plunking my head down onto the table and wailing, "Why do I have to learn this? Cooking is such a pain!" My always-patient Mother probably said something like, "You'll want to eat when you grow up and move out, so you'll need these skills." There were similar episodes involving sewing, ironing and other "boring" household chores.
Turns out I learned to cook anyway, mostly because of my mom's incredible patience, and also partly because of a job I had when I got out of high school as a short order cook in a cafeteria.
Now, I have been invited to be a contributor on a cooking blog that my friend started called Saltbox House Cooking Exchange. I've only posted two recipes so far, but I still want to invite you all to go check out the blog whenever you need some ideas on what to cook for dinner. There are some good recipes on there.
Just today I posted a recipe for an old fashioned soda; a lime freeze. I made up the recipe (didn't invent the dessert, though) and I'm pretty pleased with it. It tastes pretty close to the real thing. It is tasty treat, even when it's cold and snowy outside. Go check it out!

1 comment:

Dustin and Tricia said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I still think, "Why do I have to learn this? Cooking is such a pain!" I guess I'll have to keep tabs on your new site and see if it helps.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers