09 December 2009

Before I Forget: A Little Story I Can Use as Blackmail...

(If booger-talk grosses you out, don't read this)
I had an interesting conversation with Owen at bedtime. It all started with a piece of green fuzz from a blanket. The fuzz was sitting on Owen's shoulder, so I picked it off and said, "Hey Owen, there's a booger on you." A really perturbed look crossed his face, like he was about to cry. I told him, "I'm just teasing, Owen. It's only a piece of fuzz. Are you that scared of boogers?" Owen told me he was. The following exchange ensued:
Owen: I'm scared of Drew's boogers.
Me: Do you come in contact with Drew's boogers that much?
Owen: Drew puts boogers on my head.
Me: What?!
Owen: When he laughs. He gets boogers on my head.
Me: What?!
Owen: But I just put them back in his nose.
Me: That is just gross, Owen. You shouldn't put your finger in other peoples' noses.
Owen: [laughs] I don't put my finger in his nose! I put his boogers in his nose!

Poor Drew was fast asleep and unable to defend himself.

2 comments:

Ace said...

I may skip out on hugging both the boys on my next visit to Pocatello . . .

Adam said...

Boogerphobia, I think, is the technical term.

Oh, and the 'word verification' security thingy made me type the word 'brothel' in order to post this comment.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers