06 December 2009

Christmas Wishes

We went to see Santa at the mall yesterday. The boys were so excited--until we got there. Drew decided he didn't want to sit on Santa's lap. Neither did Samantha. Owen sat on Santa's lap, but he looked really nervous the whole time. He told Santa he wants and ice cream truck and a dump truck for Christmas.
I held Samantha while Santa talked to her. She told him she wants a spider for Christmas. I think she has her holidays mixed up. She remembers being a spider for Halloween, so that's now what she wants for Christmas. I hope Santa just brings her a doll like he mentioned.
Drew hid behind my legs and peeked out long enough to tell Santa he wants a police helicopter for Christmas. Santa asked Drew what else he wanted, and Drew looked around for a minute (to get some ideas, I guess) and finally decided he wants a toy reindeer. Santa told Drew, "Do you know I have real reindeer?" And Drew said, "Yes. Reindeer can fly. They pull your sleigh so all the kids can have toys." Santa looked pretty impressed.
When we were getting the boys ready for bed, David asked Drew why he didn't want to sit on Santa's lap. Drew told him, "I guess I'm just shy." He's pretty talkative for a shy-guy.

1 comment:

Lura said...

Kids are so funny! I don't know know of many kids who aren't scared (or at least a little timid) of Santa at one point in their lives or another.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers