27 November 2008

We Are Thankful

The boys and I made turkeys last Sunday. I was trying to explain to them about Thanksgiving, but I don't think they quite got it. The next evening, for family night, we talked about being thankful for things that we have. We asked the boys what they are thankful for.

Drew is thankful for Corvettes, Grandpa, Samantha, Owen, the lamp, and the green crayon.

Owen is thankful for Mom and Dad, Samantha, Drew, the trains, and the book.

I've been thinking a lot the last few weeks about what I'm thankful for, and the list keeps getting bigger and bigger. I've been unbelievably blessed with a fantastic husband, wonderful kids, good health (we all have colds at our house, but at least we don't have Strep like last year, though even that is something we could deal with).

David works really hard (well, really long hours anyway; he doesn't actually do much at his job) to provide for us. I'm grateful that he has a job even if it's one that keeps him away from home a lot.

I can't imagine my life without Drew, Owen or Samantha. They drive me crazy, yes, but they've taught me so much about how to be a better person. I don't even pray for patience anymore; I've already got so many opportunities to practice it.

I have wonderful parents, step parent, in laws, siblings and siblings-in-law. I have amazing extended family and friends. All of these people have had a huge impact on who I have become.

I'm grateful for our friends with the property management business that let me work for them on my own schedule. I made enough money weeding and raking leaves in the last couple days to pay for a textbook (or two, if I can find them used at a good price).
I'm grateful for my beliefs and knowledge of my Savior. I'm looking forward to the Christmas season to celebrate His life and what it means to me.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers