09 November 2008

Learning To Walk

Samantha has finally decided she'd like to try walking. She started standing on her own the other day and now, just two days later, she's pretty good at standing on her own for a while. Until she tries to move...
Yesterday she tried to take a step but couldn't decide which foot to put forward first, so she did a little hop and fell to her hands and knees. She thought it was pretty funny. Then in the evening we went to Outer Limits Fun Zone to let the kids run around and play. It was really fun! They have a big play center that's sort of like what you'd see at McDonald's, minus the unsanitary ball pit. It's like a giant, netted-in jungle gym. Samantha thought it would be a good idea to try to walk on it. She wasn't successful, but she did have a ton of fun.
Today, while I was talking on the phone with my mom, Samantha took her first step! She was standing by the computer and decided she didn't want to stand there anymore, so she tried to walk away. She moved one foot and when she went to move the other she fell down.

Here she is standing by the computer, getting ready to try again. (My camera is too slow and I wasn't able to capture any of her actually taking the steps.) Note the shirt; more on that later.

I had to take a break typing to change a dirty diaper. After I changed her, I stood Samantha up and let go of her hands. She took three steps this time! As she walked I clapped my hands and when she fell down I told her she did a good job walking. Owen got down on his hands and knees and said, "Mom, you see I crawl like Sabanta? Clap, Mom!"



This shirt Samantha is wearing belonged to me when I was a little girl. I think it looks so cute on her and it's fun to share (soon enough she'll be raiding my closet without my permission). I have a bunch of dresses that I wore and that were purchased when we lived in Taiwan. They won't fit her for a few more years, but I'm looking forward to seeing Samantha wear them.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

How exciting that Samantha is starting to walk. Very Cute shirt, I don't think my mom kept anything I used to wear.

Unknown said...

That is awesome. I feel like everyone is growing up in Idaho and time just stopped here in California. It is already November and it doesn't even feel like it. Samantha is beautiful!

Marissa said...

It's so cute when they start taking their first steps! Before you know it she'll be running.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers