04 November 2008

For the First Time in Eight Years

The first (and last) time I voted, prior to today, was in 2000. I felt weird voting, since I knew basically nothing about either candidate except that Gore was the incumbent (am I using that word correctly?) Vice President and was running for President. I knew which way my mom would be voting, so I voted similarly.

Today felt different. I have spent the last few months paying attention; amazing the things one learns when one listens and studies! I felt proud to completely fill in the bubble next to my candidate-of-choice's name with the Number 2 pencil in the booth. As for the local candidates, I must admit that I haven't studied them much at all. I did recognize one name as the former County Clerk and I know she did a good job in that office so I voted for her.

So now David and I are watching the election results to see who will win. While we're waiting, enjoy some comedy:


No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers