17 November 2008

Adventures in Shopping: Part V

I've been going crazy trying to think of ways to keep the kids quiet while David sleeps; he's been working the graveyard shift for the last week and a bit, and goes to bed about the time Drew and Owen get up. We've had really nice weather lately, but I haven't taken advantage of it because even though the sun is shining it's a little chilly and the boys have had bad colds for the last week.
Today we made a somewhat unnecessary trip to the store. It was necessary in that we needed to get Samantha some diapers, but I could've done it Saturday while I was out. I sort of purposely "forgot" to get diapers Saturday so we'd have something to get us out of the house today.
Shopping with all the kids in tow is getting to be a huge pain (not that it was ever a ton of fun). Drew and Owen are too big to sit in the cart now, so they run around touching everything and getting in the way of others' shopping carts.
On the way out of the store, Drew ran way ahead of me toward the gumball machines and the pay phones. One of the phones happened to ring as Drew ran toward it. So he picked it up and said, "Hello?" Then he paused, then said, "Yes." Another pause, then he said, "Okay, 'bye!" Then he hung up the phone. I have no idea who was on the phone or what they said. I wonder if they realized they had called a Wal*Mart pay phone and a three-year-old answered.
Drew was so proud of himself. The whole way home he went on and on about how he answered the phone.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

That just cracks me up that he answered the phone like that. What a silly boy.

Anonymous said...

That is so hilarious! I'm still chuckling!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers