06 November 2008

Six Random Tidbits

Lura tagged me a while ago, and I've been slacking on answering because I'm pretty boring. I am very random, though, so I think I can come up with six things (we'll just pretend the "interesting" clause never existed).


1: I love that my boys are big enough to come wake me up now. Especially since they don't usually wake up 'til around 9 a.m. (except on Fridays when the garbage truck wakes them up before 8). But I love hearing them clomp up the stairs yelling, "We brought you cake, Mom!" ("Cake" is a pillow covered with a blanket.)



2: I hate waking up to a messy kitchen. Not that it never happens, because I also hate cleaning up right after dinner, and sometimes by the time I get the kids to bed the last thing I want to do is clean the kitchen. But I try to make it somewhat livable--at least wipe the table and counters--so I'm not greeted by total chaos first thing in the morning.





3: I'm a total "foodie." I especially love to try new foods. I have a motto that I learned in Thailand: Try everything twice because chances are you won't like it on the first try, and you never know if that's because of the way the cook made it or because the dish itself is gross. Check out my favorite food website.




4: I don't get embarrassed easily--anymore, that is. I used to be incredibly shy and easily embarrassed, so I have a few embarrassing moments. Like the time I jumped on a skateboard in the hall in front of the Athletic Trainer's office after track practice. I was trying to show off for one of the boys in there 'cause I had, like, a total crush on him. The skateboard went flying out from under me and I landed on my tush right in front of the door. It would've been fine if the boy had seen the skateboard, but he hadn't, so he thought I was just running in the hall and fell for no reason. (Incidentally, my other most embarrassing moment involves a skateboard, too. I'll save that story for another day.)




5: I watch a lot of football with my husband. I have loved learning how to like football a little*. Actually, I really do enjoy football and if my favorite team is playing I'll even watch if David isn't home to watch with me. I like the Steelers because they're David's favorite so they're the ones we watch the most and I know the most about their team. I also like the Browns (the Steelers' rival) because they have my favorite quarterback (Brady Quinn) on their team.

* I stole this phrase from Brian Regen. He has a bit about trying to be open minded and learning new things. "I've been going to the opera. And have loved learning how to like it a little bit."


6: I have a goal to live in a city with a warm climate. Good thing it's David's goal, too. I had this crazy idea a while ago that I want to move to San Antonio, Texas. I will definitely look into moving there and other comparable warm climate areas when I'm finished with Dental Hygiene school, but for now we'll stay in Idaho.






To pass this on, I'll tag Abby, Adam (you need to update your blog!), Tricia (you need to update yours, too), Jen, Kadee, Tina, Madeline, and Marissa. And anyone else who wants to do it. Just paste the following little card on your blog and tag some more people!



1 comment:

Marissa said...

That was fun to read!! I didn't know you were going to Dental Heigine school! Neato. And the part about your boys bringing you "cake" made my heart melt.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers