03 April 2008

That's Funny! (At Least, Owen and I Think It Is)

Drew and Owen have recently discovered the fun of lists and naming things. For example, we like to play a little game that starts out: "Do you know..." and insert some one's name.
Drew: Do you know Grandma?
Me: Yes, I know Grandma.
Drew: Do you know Kevin?
Me: Yes, I know Kevin.
Drew: Do you know Steps? (this is how he refers to his cousin Stetson)
Me: Yes, I know Stetson.
It goes on and on and on. We list all the relatives: grandparents, my siblings, David's sisters, cousins, neighbors, babysitters. Lately, Drew has been claiming them as his own:
Drew: Do you know Amy?
Me: Yes, I know Amy.
Drew: Do you know Drew's Amy?
Owen sometimes gets in on the game, but not as often. His new thing is to dispute any information I might have just given him.
Owen: What is this, Mom?
Me: That's a car.
Owen: It's not a car.
Me: What is it then?
Owen: It's a car.
He also likes to see if I can say stuff like he can.
Owen: Can you say 'Wow wow'?
Me: Wow wow!
Owen: [laughs] That's funny, Mom! Can you say 'Rraaaarrr!'?
Me: Rraaaarrr!
Owen: [laughs] That's funny, Mom!
It cracks me up the most, though, when Drew and Owen play these games amongst themselves:
Drew: I see a car!
Owen: It's not a car. It's a truck.
Drew: It's a car.
Owen: It's not a car, Drewbie. It's a truck.
Yes, recently, Owen has started calling Drew "Drewbie." I'm pretty sure he got it from me. I call Drew that because his middle initial is 'B'. I also make up clever songs like, "Drewbie, Drewbie! Don't smoke doobies!" and "Drewbie Drewbie Drew, where are you?" So now Owen will go up to Drew in his high-pitched slightly patronizing little voice and say, "Hi, Drewbie! You playin' school bus, Drewbie?" Drew just looks at him like, "Whatever, Dude."
As my favorite cameo character from "Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!" says: Kooky!

1 comment:

Kadee said...

cute kids, heather! I like the "Drewbie, don't smoke doobies!"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers