08 April 2008

Finally, Some Meat!

http://www.texasroadhouse.com


It's been almost a year since I found out Texas Roadhouse was coming to Pocatello. The restaurant opened last August. And finally, just eight short months later, we ate there. Was it worth the wait? Of course. But do I wish we'd gone there, oh, let's say, eight months ago? Totally.

I guess the hang up was that our schedule is crazy (well, not mine, really; I'm always available--it's David who has the crazy schedule) so we had to find a time when we could both go and not have to wait an hour for seating. Turns out today was just right. The place was busy, but not totally packed and we didn't have to wait at all.

I had a deliciously marbled Rib Eye steak. David got the New York Strip so that we could each try some of both, but I think he wishes he'd gotten that fatty, juicy Rib Eye that I had. The boys enjoyed the hot dog kids meal that they got and Samantha looked on enviously as she slurped down mashed up chicken-noodle-veggie from a jar. I did slip her a fry to munch on for which she was quite grateful.

Here's hoping we'll get a chance to return before another eight months goes by!

2 comments:

Kadee said...

I'm glad you finally got to eat there! It sounds delicious.

Marissa said...

I LOVE Texas Roadhouse! YUM!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers