26 April 2008

Overheard

I eavesdrop on my kids' playtime. I have to, so they don't end up killing each other over a Matchbox car (not that it's hard to overhear those "conversations;" I imagine the neighbors can probably hear them...).
Here are a few things I've heard them say recently:
Drew: [in his best "stern" voice]: Turn the light off, now, Owen.... One...Two...Three! Thank you, Owen.
***
Owen: Can I have the car, Drewbie?
Drew: No. Mine!
Owen: Drew! Gimme the car! One.Two.Three! You go time out!
***
Owen: [riding the wiggle rider] We goin' faaaassst!
Drew: You wanna trade, Owen?
Owen: Not yet.
Drew: You ready trade, Owen?
Owen: Not quiet!
Both: [laughing, yelling] Not quiet! Not quiet! [I'm pretty sure they meant "not quite" but whatever...]
***
Switching gears: Samantha discovered she can control the game of Peekaboo. She was a little cranky yesterday and I was trying to get some cleaning done, so I put her in her swing while I finished. She got all giddy, and started laughing and kicking her chubby little legs. I put a blanket on her (she loves to snuggle with a blankie). She pulled it up over her face, then pulled it back down and laughed. She pulled it up again and I said, "Where's 'Mantha? Where are you?" She yanked the blanket back down and started laughing so hard. It was way cute. I love when she laughs, but I can rarely get her to do it. She always laughs at Drew, and I'll try to do the same thing he does, but she just looks at me like, "Mom, you're so lame."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could never get Ashlyn to laugh, I could get maybe 1/2 a giggle and a smile. When she was around 12 month she started laughing more, now she laughs a lot(and fake laughs). It great, I thought she wouldn't be a laugher but she is.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers