27 January 2008

Behind On Everything...

...except playtime.
I made up a new chore chart to help me keep the cleaning under control without getting overwhelmed. I'll be doing last Friday's chores tomorrow.
I can't seem to get it together these days! Roz offered me a writing job, and I have been having the hardest time finding a suitable time to do it! Seems like everytime I sit down on the computer I check my email, then I get distracted. So I'm thinking maybe nights after the boys go to bed; I'm a night person anyway, might as well do something productive.

I did, however, manage to do this:
I made a little blanket-town for the kids to drive their Matchbox cars on. It has a burger joint, a hospital, a gas station, a church, a school, a park, an airport and three houses.
I especially like the church and the park.
And the burger joint.

It actually didn't take me long to make; I probably worked on it for a total of four hours; did some Friday, a bit Saturday night, and the finishing touches today. I got the big ugly green fabric at Wal*Mart for $1.40. I think with all the fabric and paints I used, it's about a $4.00 toy. I'm pretty pleased with it.
Here is a funny little website I saw on Heidi's blog: Do's and Don'ts with Babies
It slays me!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

cute!!! I love the blanket!!

Kadee said...

great work on the blanket. don't worry about being behind, playtime is the most important, and don't you have a new baby and 2 year old twins?! I think you're entitled to be behind occasionally.

Sabrina said...

Wow, Heather! I am so impressed with the blanket there! That will be used for years to come. My mom made a street blanket about 30+ years ago, and now it gets used by the grandkids there! Don't beat yourself too much about keeping up with household chores...they will always be there for you to do, but the kids won't always be there. I know, easier said than done - that is the biggest trouble I have, finding the balance between clean house and happy kids. It's hard!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers