04 January 2008

My New 'Do

I've been shedding so much lately. I should change the name of my blog to "Two Kids and A Molting Mom." I guess it's just good ol' post-partum hair loss, but it's been absolutely out of control. I was shedding so much my hairstylist got scared (she was especially worried because she's due to have a baby in May, and doesn't want her hair to fall out in clumps). I decided to just get rid of all my hair. Here are some pictures:


Before: (this picture is a year old, but my hair hadn't changed since then--until now)
After:
side view:
My hair looks a lot like Drew's now (it looked even more like his before I cut his...):

I really like my new hair style. I actually borrowed the idea from Roz, who has the same 'do but with a streak of platinum and looks gorgeous in it. When I first got my hair cut, I thought it made me look a little chubbier. But I went to the gym that night and stepped on the scale. I noted that I've gained a few pounds over the holidays, which in reality is probably what is making me look chubbier. Oh well!

5 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Wow, that's quite a change! It's cute on you. I've been having a hair crisis here too, and am in that in between phase where it's almost long enough to pull back without any stragglers but not quite. I contemplated whacking it all off a couple months ago but talked myself out of it. Maybe this summer. In the meantime, I'm sick of picking long hairs off of everything I get within a foot of. Blech.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cute, I think it makes you look older. It's been so long since I've seen you, I don't think I would recognize you on the street.

abby's photo shoppe said...

Heather!!!! I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! Sooooo cute! I really love the style. If I didn't have these #!*% cow-licks I would do the same. Ok, I would also have to get rid of my terribly ugly double chin. But then.... THEN I would cut my hair just like yours! I really love it. Good job.
Abby

Sabrina said...

Ooh, that looks nice on you! You're one of those people who can pull off a cute short haircut and make it look GOOD...I tried the short hair thing and to look good was a ton of work, so the rest of the time it just looked blah. Cute, cute hair!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! New hair--you are brave to go so short. I am having similar shedding problems--it's so disgusting :( I can't decide what to do. You are just the inspiration I need!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers