25 April 2007

I've Been Interviewed!

Thanks, Ellie, for these great questions! They required a ton of thought, except for #3, which was easy to answer.
1. If you never married and had children what is one thing you would have liked to do with your life?
I would definitely have traveled more, and also completed my schooling. To combine the two, I think I would have gone to gem school in Thailand, because I've always been interested in gemstones, and I really, really want to go back to Thailand. But because I've never settled on one thing that I want to be when I grow up, I would also like to learn how to make fake teeth for people as a Dental Lab Technician. I hear they make bank.

2. Name a moment that stands out in your mind that defines who you are today.
(Get out some crackers; this is cheesy) When I found out I was pregnant with twins. I was unmarried, and not sure I was ready to get married, and thinking I would give my baby up for adoption so he/she could have a real family. But then I found out there were two babies, and for the first time I felt very much at peace about everything, like it was all happening for a reason. I knew I would marry David, and we'd raise those babies, and it would probably be really hard, but it would work out (even if it takes 'til we're 50 and the kids are out of the house...). So that's who I am now: a wife and a mom. There will be time later to get more schooling and a career, but for now, this is all I need.
3. Favorite comfort food is?
Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich. And the fries and drink to go with it. I was having a "Terrible Tuesday" last week and I went for one of these babies, and the gal at the drive through messed up my order. I didn't notice 'til I got home. She gave me a bacon cheeseburger. And it was semi-tasty, but didn't satisfy.

4. Do you have a special talent you wish you could use, but there is no time for it right now, if so, what is it and if you had the time, how would you use that special talent?
There are lots of things I'd like to do if I had more time. But I think right now my mind is geared toward sewing (probably because of the family quilt project my mom's side of the family is working on). I'd like to make clothes and blankets for people especially those that have new babies. But it seems like by the time I finish something, the baby has grown out of whatever I made them.

5. Country or City Life? Tell me why or why not.
I love being in the country. When I think country, I think of my dad's house: five miles outside of a teeny-tiny-population-400-people town. Surrounded by lava rocks, dirt and sagebrush. I love the clear air, wide open spaces, waving at people I don't know just because they're the only people around, I love animals and taking long walks that end up with having to walk a long way to get home. But, I also crave interaction, even if it's just a cashier ringing up my purchases and making change, and I'm a shameless people watcher. So I gotta have some stores or malls or something. Big cities frighten me, so I would say Small Town Life is best, though I could probably do well in the country if I had my hubby and kids there and maybe a trampoline and some bicycles, and a city somewhere nearby. Is that wishy-washy enough?
If you want to play, here’s what you do.
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” Leave your email address as well.
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Easy-peasy, and fun! Thanks, again, Ellie!

2 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

Interview me...
janegirl222@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

All good answers Heathie. I especially liked the answer to #2...it speaks a lot of who you were and who you have become! Not so cheesy my dear, very telling, and a very defining time for you.

Thank you for playing!:)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers