30 April 2007

Adventures In Grocery Shopping, Part II

I was out getting groceries and such with the boys Saturday night, when suddenly, nature called. It was more like an urgent scream, or I would have ignored it, because I hate, hate, hate public restrooms. Apparently, Owen does too. I parked my cart of stuff outside the door, grabbed the boys and went into the restroom. As soon as we got in there, Owen started screaming, like he does at the doctor's when they measure his head circumference, or make him sit on the scale. He didn't stop the entire time we were in there. As I was washing my hands, a lady came in the restroom, and Owen saw his chance. He bolted for the door as fast as his tiny legs could carry him. Luckily, he didn't make it. After we left, and I put him back in the cart, he continued to sob for a few more minutes; fat little tears just streaming down his cheeks. It was so pathetic.
The rest of the trip went off without a hitch, and I made some great purchases (although, when David saw the bill, he thought I probably could have done without some things). I got the boys cute little vests and polo shirts to wear to church, because I'm tired of trying to figure out which old Onesie has the fewest stains on it and looks like it might pass for a nice shirt. I guess they're finally old enough to start wearing church clothes, and maybe in a year or two we'll actually get them little neckties. We'll see. I also got them some little close-toed sandals, so I don't have to try to rush around trying to find their socks. They seem to loose an insane amount of socks, and it's too warm for socks, anyway. They love the sandals. They love shoes, in general (they take after me! Or maybe they just love them because it means they'll be going outside soon).

Speaking of outside, my tulips and daffodils finally bloomed. I'm still waiting on my lilac bush; it has some buds, but they haven't made much progress past that point. My freesia and my lilies look like weeds. I hope they bloom soon, because people keep mistaking them as being part of the grass, and they're getting a little trampled.
The boys just love my tulips and daffodils. They pat them, and "hug" them, and laugh all the while. It's really quite funny, until recently, as they've discovered that if you tug on the petals they fall off! I don't think those flowers will last much longer, so I took some pictures. I took them the other night, after the boys went to bed.

And also, here's a picture of Owen and Drew in their wagon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the joys of shopping with babies. Those are days that I don't really miss.

I don't really have spring flowers, but I have been noticing others tulips when I am out and about. Spring is finally here with a huge, huge thunderstorm pushing its way into our evening. We had to abort working in the flower beds and come inside, which is a good thing, I am stiff and tired from all the weeding and transplanting I was doing today.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the boys in the wagon with their hair blowing and the sunshine and everything. It just says "happy childhood" doesn't it?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers