19 April 2007

It's a Girl!

...according to this website. I just entered my birthdate and some other, uh, personal information, and it predicted a girl! As did my ultrasounds (which are probably more reliable)! To fill some people in: I'm 17 weeks pregnant with child number three, which sounds like and excessive number of kids when I think about it, but it's only my second pregnancy. The first thing I had the radiologist check was the number of babies; there's only one. So if anyone says, "Maybe you'll have twins again!" I can tell them I'm certain I won't. Everything looked good on the ultrasound, except the doc saw some cyst-something-or-others on the brain. He said they're fairly common and don't cause any cognitive problems, and usually go away. So I guess I'm not going to get too worried, but it seems kind of weird to me.
So now David and I have to agree on a name. That's probably going to be tricky. We don't have ESPN Sports Center like we did with the boys. There aren't a lot of girls featured on ESPN. I do like the name Torah, after the 2006 Burton U.S. Open of Snowboarding champion (and I think Torah is an awesome girl), but David always cringes when I mention that name. The only name we sort of agree on so far is Mikelle, but I'm not crazy about it yet. So we'll keep thinking. We've got 'til September 24.


Here's a picture of my baby, 'cause I know everyone loves to see other peoples' ultrasounds:


4 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

How AWESOME! I am so excited for you! Do you think you are still going to run in the 5K? I'm still planning on it so I hope you are. And thanks for threatening to kidnap me. I've never received a nicer compliment! On the name thing, ever think of McCall? There were some girls at my school named that. Or.... Abigail...:)
Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Oh, well, congratulations are in order! A little girl, how sweet. It is awesome that you get to see the baby like that, when I was having babies it wasn't the norm to do ultrasounds, only if there was a suspected problem is when they did those. It will be interesting to read about your pregnancy in the next few months.

Maybe you should have people submit names for you, maybe someone would come up with the perfect name you hadn't thought of yet?

Blessings,

Ellie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. How exciting. You don't have to pick a name until you are leaving the hospital. We couldn't agree so she was, baby girl Jones until just before we left and had to fill out the birth cert stuff.

Ace said...

The kid sure looks like an A.J. to me. Which is what I call her, just FYI. For Ace Junior. Or something similar. And that's not a "suggestion" so much as a guarantee that that is what I shall call this baby.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers