19 February 2007

*Untitled*

This will be a boring post, not even deserving of a title. I just wanted everyone to know I'm still out here...
The past week seemed to drag on and on. I've been a little un-well lately; just not feeling up to snuff, so it's very hard to be motivated to do anything.
We did get out of the house on Saturday, which was nice. We went to the Simplot Games, which are Track and Field events. The best high school athletes in the country come to our tiny town and compete. I was amazed at how fast they were. And the girls shot put throwers were awesome, too. We didn't get there in time to watch, but I heard the awards ceremony. The girl who got 6th place threw the shot (put the shot?) 39 feet 6 inches. When I did shot put in high school*, I used to get 2nd or 3rd in our local meets, and my personal best was 31 feet. And if I remember correctly, the girl who won state threw around 41 feet. The girl who won the Simplot games? 49 feet, 11.5 inches. Incredible.
Well, that was the highlight of my week, other than the little electronic keyboards the boys got from Grandpa. But I have to have something to write about tomorrow, so I'll save that story.
*Shotput was my "just for fun" sport, especially since I wasn't very good. Diving is the love of my life. And would you believe it? There is not one diving board in our town. Not one. The closest one is 30 miles away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there such a thing as being "over the weather"? Anyway, I hope you'll soon be "over" being "under the weather."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers