08 February 2007

An Extra Week Will Do That...

My friend Madeline finally had her baby! She was induced yesterday morning and was in labor for somewhere around 24 hours or more; I'm not sure on the specifics because her husband was too tired to go into much detail (Madeline is sleeping, of course). But both Mom and Baby Girl are healthy. The baby weighs in at an astonishing 11 lbs, 1 oz. I guess she had plenty of time to grow, since she was a week late arriving! We're going to go visit later today, when everyone's feeling rested.
Tomorrow, we're off to Las Vegas for a much needed vacation! My Dad is taking Drew and Owen up to the farm to hang out. I expect them to work hard up there just like I always did-- building hay-stack forts and chasing cows is pretty tiring "work." But I imagine they'll probably spend most of their time indoors since Drew still isn't walking (I hope he starts walking before his 18-month doctor's appointment; otherwise, we have to do a bunch of "neurological tests." That sounds less than fun).
I wish I had more exciting news to report, but we're pretty boring around here lately. Hope everyone has a great weekend; I know I will!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your friend's baby was a really big baby! I wonder how she is doing now? I am sure she is tired from the delivery and all!

You will also have to describe your vacation to Las Vegas to us. My husband wants to take me there and I am a bit apprehensive. Not sure why, as I love the city life. I think it has something to do with the whole gambling thing. Maybe if you describe your trip I will get a different point of view and will want to go afterall.

Have a wonderful week...

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers