07 February 2007

The Housework's Wife

They say the housewife's work is never done. How true that is. Especially if you are a slacker, like me, and do the bare minimum just to get by*--like with laundry. I don't know how I got so far behind, but suddenly I've got all these hampers full of dirty clothes--I didn't even know we owned that many clothes (I haven't seen some of them for so long, I don't even remember wearing them). So for the last two days, and it will most likely continue today, I've been doing oodles of laundry. It's not too bad, thanks to the guy who invented the automatic washer and dryer, but couldn't someone come up with an automatic folder and put-awayer? That would be a lifesaver. But we have to have all our stuff done so we can have something to wear on our vacation. So if you'll all excuse me, I've got a date with the washing machine.

Here are some pictures of the boys I found. I just thought I'd share.

Right: Drew's bed-head.
Below: Owen's crown says, "I am a child of God." He helped me color it in nursery a few Sundays ago. I'm not sure what's with the tongue.
*Here's my rationalization (and I'm sticking to it): I would just rather spend time playing with Drew and Owen than folding a pile of clothes. The practical person (a.k.a. the person who doesn't have kids) would say I could fold while I watch them play, but they tend to forget about toys, preferring instead to tear apart neat little piles of clothes and throw them on the floor. So there has to be a separation of clothes and kids.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers