02 January 2009

2008: The Year in Review

Samantha:






  • January: 4 months old. Cute as a button.
  • February: Behaved really well for Dad's cousin while Mom and Dad took a much needed vacation in Florida. Got to meet Great Grandma Archibald (Mom's paternal grandma) for the first time.
  • March: 6 months. Still adorable, interested in everything around me.
  • April: Have perfected the ability to sit up on my own.
  • May: Love going outside to play, explore and eat dandelions.
  • June: 9 months. Life is great.
  • July: Went on vacation with the family to Seattle. Had a lot of fun, got to meet Dad's aunts and uncles for the first time (well, the first time that I actually sort of knew what was going on).
  • August: Saw a girl two months younger than me walking around at church. Thought I should at least try standing up.
  • September: Happy First Birthday to me!
  • October: My big brothers are always really good about sharing their toys. Especially if I throw a fit and Mom makes them back off. Not that I've ever tried that...
  • November: Time to learn to walk. That pile of leaves and sticks seemed like a good place to practice.
  • December: 15 months. Have almost perfected walking. Still the cutest little girl in the family, and everybody loves me!
Owen:






  • January: I like to borrow Samantha's stacker rings and wear them as shoes.
  • February: I can still be cute even when covered in chocolate.
  • March: Went to the rodeo with Mom, Drew, Grandpa and the cousins. Enjoyed about every minute of it. Except when they put the pink cowboy hat on me.
  • April: Got into the Vaseline in Samantha's room. Mom flew off the handle, but I heard her trying to suppress her laughter when she thought I wasn't paying attention.
  • May: Went to Salt Lake to get Roz's Bagoda-dog. He was pretty patient while I practiced shooting my water gun at him.
  • June: All I want to do is play outside on my four-wheeler.
  • July: Gotta wear safety goggles or the Ramen will flick juices in my eye when I slurp it up.
  • August: Went camping in Mackay with the family. Got to ride the four-wheelers.
  • September: Helped Mom make Samantha's birthday cake. Had to make sure it tasted good before I let her bake it.
  • October: Turned three on the 25th.
  • November: I always want to be outside, even when the weather cools down.
  • December: My family can't imagine life without me, whether I've got Playdough in my hair or not.

Drew:



  • January: Everything is a party. Unless something makes me mad.
  • February: For some reason Mom thinks it's hilarious when I get food on my face. As though it doesn't happen every time I eat.
  • March: Went to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. Wouldn't sit on his lap, but did take the hat he gave me. Then I ran away.
  • April: Matchbox cars are my life.
  • May: Always getting into Mom's stuff (not that it's hard, 'cause she leaves a lot of it out). Her shoes are especially fun.
  • June: Corvettes are my life. Mom has been toilet training Owen and me, and Grandpa bribed us with a ride in his 'Vette.
  • July: Had a lot of fun in Seattle. Nice to be home where I can kick back and relax.
  • August: Went to American Falls Reservoir. Acted really brave until we got to the water's edge. Cried a bit, then just went for it and had a lot of fun.
  • September: Mom taught me how to have fun with a cereal box once the contents are gone.
  • October: I'm finally three!
  • November: The cat never plays with this thing. I often take it upon myself to make sure toys don't go un-played with.
  • December: The family would be incomplete without me. And cars are still my life.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun and busy year.

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun and busy year.

Laura said...

Love the collages! And the cute background! I love your kiddos and miss you guys :)

Anonymous said...

I love seeing pictures of your kids and reading about them. This post was great! Good luck with starting school soon! Give me a call if you need me to babysit or help you clean house (or play your Wii or watch TV...whatever needs doing:) I love you!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are getting so big! Can you believe you have 3!? Thanks for the comments.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers