23 January 2009

BZ*

It's been a while since I last posted; I don't have as much time for doing the fun stuff on the computer. Most of my time is sucked up taking care of school stuff, then I have just enough time to catch up on friends' blogs (thanks to Google Reader), but not to comment or write any new posts of my own.
School is going well. I'm enjoying my classes and I'm not feeling too overwhelmed yet. I am feeling a little ticked off because I got a 60% (yikes!) on my first Psychology quiz. I don't know what happened! I got a 95% on the practice quiz, and when I took the real thing, the questions were worded differently, but I felt confident that I understood the concepts and only had doubts about one or two questions. I missed eight. Grrr! So I'll have to make sure to spend more time with the ol' Psych book.
Drew and Owen are doing well. They are becoming more independent since I've been spending so much time doing homework. Owen even made his own breakfast:


Yeah, that's a hot dog in those Cheerios. We were out of bananas so he improvised, I guess... Oh, and he's wearing a pink bracelet on his left wrist, too.
Drew has been spending lots of time on the computer (whenever I'm not using it), and he's learning his letters. He doesn't know them in any particular order, he just knows 'D' for Drew, 'O' for Owen, 'W' for Westley, 'S' for Samantha, and so on. He knows about half of the alphabet.
Owen isn't as interested in the computer or in looking at letters. He spends his time playing with his Thomas the Train set, playing catch with whoever he can get to play with him, and riding his trike.
Samantha has turned into something of a terror. She has a very short fuse, and it doesn't take much to set it off. It's hard not to laugh at her tantrums because she plops herself onto the ground and just sits there crying with her chin on her chest, all dejected looking. She glances up every so often to make sure people are still paying attention, then resumes the chin-on-chest crying. The crying sounds kind of fake, too. It cracks me up. She has also taken to hitting her brothers, though, which is not funny. She pinches and scratches and grabs, too. Luckily she's not a full-time terror. She is very sweet much of the time. She recently learned to say "baby," "uh-uh"** and "all done." She likes to dance with Drew and ride bikes with Owen.
*My mom used to have a book about a bee. "C D B? D B S A B-Z B." I feel like that B.
**Yesterday Samantha was playing in the shower area while Drew was using the toilet. I was trying to get her out of there because I knew once Drew got off the throne, she'd want to play in it. She loves water with no regard to what else might be in said water. I said, "Samantha, come out of the bathroom." She said, "Uh-uh." I said, "Samantha, I'm going to count to three." She said, "Uh-uh." "One..." "Uh-uh." "Two..." "Uh-uh." Finally I just grabbed her and hauled her out of there. Of course once I set her down she plopped onto the floor and started to cry with her chin on her chest...

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers