30 December 2008

The Blame Game. And Other Fun Games

Everything is Drew's fault. At least according to Owen. Ask him just about anything and he'll say, "Drew did it." Drew threw the toys all over the room. Drew colored on the wall. Drew even peed Owen's pants. While Owen was wearing them.
This morning, Owen asked me to fix his Lightning McQueen car for him. I noticed the tires on the wheels were askew, so I asked Owen if he'd tried to take them off. He said, "No. Drew took them off." I straightened the tires, but still nothing. I had seen Owen drop the car a few minutes earlier, so I told him, "Maybe it broke when you dropped it. You need to be more careful with your toys." Owen said, "Drew dropped it." I fiddled around with it for a minute and couldn't get it to work. I told Owen, "I think the batteries are dead." He replied, "No. Drew's batteries are dead."
Last night, the boys and I played hide and seek with Vito. This game involves telling Vito to sit at the top of the stairs and stay there 'til I whistle. Then he comes running down the stairs sounding like a heard of elephants and runs around the room trying to find us. Generally we hide in very obvious places--like under the pool table in the middle of the room, or between the couch and the TV. It cracks me up to hide from Vito because I can never tell if he actually knows where we are and is just pretending to not know, or if he really can't find us. I got the idea that he just pretends that he doesn't know where we are because when we were playing with Drew and Owen, they kept yelling at him from our hiding spot and he just stood there two feet away from us looking around like, "Which way did they go, George? Which way did they go?" Then I whistled and he looked over at us all surprised and came bounding over. The boys have never had so much interaction with Vito (he usually stays as far away from them as possible while remaining in the same room), and they loved it. When we were all tired out from running around and hiding (Vito and I got tired long before Drew and Owen did), the boys jumped up and down yelling, "We'll play again tomorrow! We'll play again tomorrow!" I guess they had fun, too.

1 comment:

abby's photo shoppe said...

I love your stories and how you see the fun in everything. We miss you guys!
Abby

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers