11 January 2009

Post #300!

Drew refused to participate in class today. Since he didn't want to draw, his teacher drew a picture for him, of him. It cracked me up because it perfectly mirrors how he feels about Sunbeam class. It sort of mirrors how I feel today, too. Blah.


This being post #300 is probably the best thing that's happened all day. *sigh* It's just been one of those days. Drew and Owen are still scared of Sunbeam class so as soon as they realized today is Sunday, they felt all sick and tired and whiny and didn't want to go... So we were late for church and David is at work so I was all by myself with three grouchy kids (Samantha started out the day fine, but I think she absorbs the boys' grouchiness, or maybe she just can't let them out-grouch her).
I got the boys into Sunbeams okay, and headed to the library. I was by myself there today; the lady who is usually in there with me was out of town. I don't mind being on my own much, except that today Samantha went on a tear and spent the better part of two hours grabbing all the canisters of pencils and markers and tossing the contents all over the room, and I didn't have time to pick them up because there were lots of pictures to get for people and copies to be made. Until I jammed the copier, that is. Then there were no more copies to be made. I was making some programs for an Eagle Scout Court of Honor, and I neglected to let the copier know that I was using heavy paper (I actually didn't neglect it, I just couldn't figure out how to do it), so all the papers got stuck. And one paper got stuck where we couldn't pull it out. It's still in there at this moment.
We made it home from church with only a few more incidents of tantrums and general orneriness from Drew and Owen (including trying to escape from class twice by saying they need to use the toilet and refusing to let their teacher help them). We had lunch then I got Samantha down for a nap, and I'm going to let the boys watch TV while I make some comfort food.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

awww..... I feel for ya. Rough day. I must say that Sundays are the absolute toughest days to adjust to with babies!

abby's photo shoppe said...

Brigham HATES sunbeams too! I feel bad for them. And good job you for getting all the kids to church. How do single moms do it? Hope your day is better!
abba

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers